May is National Walking Month
National Walking Month is a campaign to promote the benefits of walking and to get everyone walking, no matter what your level of fitness is. Walking is simple and free and one of the easiest ways to be more active, lose weight and become healthier.
Join Dr. Okubo and staff this month in becoming more healthy by setting obtainable walking goals each day.
Make it fun by starting a “walking group” with your family and friends.
There are many benefits from walking. Below are a few we can all live with:
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Prevent or manage various conditions, including heart disease, high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes.
- Strengthen your bones and muscles.
- Improve your mood.
- Improve your balance and coordination.
- Enjoying the beautiful outdoors.
Check out what the Mayo Clinic has to say about the benefits of walking and for help planning a successful walking routine.